Tuesday, September 8, 2020

My New Book: "Writing at the Speed of Sound: Dictation Made Easy"
















by Tony Thomas

I just finished my first writing book entitled:  "Writing at the Speed of Sound: Dictation Made Easy".  Since I am such a slow typist, dictation has come in very handy for me and has helped me greatly increase my throughput and productivity.  It has become a key part of my writing workflow.

Here are some excerpts from the introduction (shameless plug): 

"Do you want to write faster?  What writer doesn't want to write faster?   I'll say it now: Dictation is the key to faster writing and improved productivity.  Not only does it reduce the potential for repetitive strain injury, it increases your writing speed by multiples of what most people can type.

"If dictation is so wonderful, why don't all writers use it?  I think the barriers to dictation include unfamiliarity with a process, the need to prepare and think differently, and self-consciousness.

"For most people, talking into a microphone isn't a natural process, even though that is exactly what we are doing when we use a cell phone, for example. And, it really takes a lot of practice to get the hang of it. But, once you get going. you will find that you can write hundreds of words per minute with ease.

"It also allows you to write while standing, walking around the room, closing your eyes, listening to your favorite music on headphones , and even when out taking a stroll or walking your dog.

"This short book will help you get started with dictation.  There is no filler or fluff.  Just the information that you need to rapidly increase your productivity and throughput."

If you have ever thought about trying dictation, I think my book will be very useful to you.  It is very concise and I kept the price low to make it affordable for every writer.  Check it out!

Amazon link: 

https://amzn.to/3m0jSCa


Smashwords Link:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1041731


Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.




No comments:

Post a Comment